Many times the problems in your feet and ankles go away with time, rest, ice, anti-inflammatories and shoe gear changes. Sometimes those problems won’t go away, and that’s when you probably need a podiatrist’s help and expertise.
If you have any of the following on your lower extremities you should make and appointment right away.
- A Wound or Sore That Does Not Heal
- Foot Discolorations
- Pain and Swelling in One Foot
- Numbness, Burning and Tingling
- Pain That Increases with Activity
- Severe Pain Lasting more than 24 Hours
- Foot Pain with Legs Elevated
- A Deformity that Progresses Suddenly
- Arch of One Foot Flattens
- A Mole that Changes
- A Lump or Bump that Grows or Hurts