The primary functions of our Unit are:
- To perform comprehensive surveillance for health care associated infections and epidemiological significant organisms;
- To create, implement, support, and sustain evidence based interventions to prevent health care associated infections and organism transmission;
- To participate in the education of patients, family, visitors and staff on infection control principles with emphasize on hand hygiene and standard precautions;
- To pursue a quality work environment that is free from recognized health, safety and environment risks and is in compliance with applicable regulations; and
- To assess and treat work related injury and illnesses and provide post exposure assessment and management of blood borne pathogen injuries (i.e. HIV, HBV, and HCV).