Many people are familiar with symptoms of heart diseases like heart attack or stroke. However there are many other symptoms of heart disease that you should be aware of such as:
- severe pressure or squeezing in the chest
- pain or discomfort in the chest
- discomfort that spreads into the shoulders, neck, arms or jaw
- chest pain that becomes more intense and is not relieved by rest
- chest pain combined with sweating cooling clammy skin, and/or paleness
- shortness of breath
- nausea or vomiting
- dizziness or fainting
- unexplained weakness or fatigue
- rapid or irregular pulse
- becoming hoarse because of pressure on the vocal cords
- difficulty swallowing
- heart palpitation
- low blood pressure
If you or someone you know have any of these symptoms please bring them to the attention of your doctor right away and make an appointment to the cardiologist.
Dr. Felix G. Del Rio, M.D. received his medical degree from the Universidad Central del Caribe School of Medicine in Bayamon, Puerto Rico
His post-graduate work included an internship/residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in Cardiology at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY.
Dr. Del Rio is part of the medical faculty at the BVIHSA/HIMA Health Outpatient/Specialty Clinic available at Peebles Hospitals. Persons interested in making an appointment should contact the Outpatient/Specialty Clinic.